Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Just rambling about SharePoint

As I was reading the Sharepoint 2010 Architecture Overview article, specifically on the code execution and access constrains on sandbox solutions section. I started to think is Microsoft pushing us to think and develop solutions in the cloud? I would say so. If you take a look at the development constrains for the SharePoint Online, their similar to the development constrains for SharePoint 2010 sandbox solutions. The more that read about sandbox solutions and cloud computing within the context of Microsoft, the more I get confused on with Microsoft's direction for SharePoint. Seems like to me that the cloud is the future, but my concern with this and its always been my concern is with security. Are companies trusting and hosting their highly sensitive data to cloud providers such as Microsoft? I'm curious on your thoughts about SharePoint Online, cloud computing in general and the future for SharePoint..


 

No comments:

Post a Comment